Daron Meeto - Life Spoken Inspired

« Home 

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 

Daron Meeto

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

      Sometimes I find it hard to escape the fact that I'm still a kid at heart when it comes to these things, but I can find no greater joy than when I’m able to just joke around with those closest to me. Above is a drawing I did on a sticky-note, and for those of you still clueless right now, Daron Meeto is a mixture of me and one of my best friends. (Derek Ma + Aaron Szeto = Daron Meeto - "The Cool by day and Superhero by night"). Yup... young and stupid we still are but the friendship I have with him is one of the rarest in the world. I think myself blessed, and thank God everyday, when I look onto the friends and people I confide and take refuge in. On a whole, I suppose my whole life has been a never-ceasing blessing since that day a couple years ago I chose to give my life to God.

      I had the chance this past weekend to finally sit down with Aaron and just talk over some hot bbt. The weirdest part is that even for me to think back on our conversation, it must be one of the least expected talks between two eighteen year old guys that could happen. Before I open up into it, I suppose that shedding a little light onto history is required. So, Aaron and I have been friends for only about a year or so now, but he’s been one of the people I’ve been able to talk to when I need advice, have an urge to blurt something out or just need someone to unload on. Although I know quite a few people have friends like that, Aaron and I differ a bit, where both of us come from the same background. Both of us have a past that were so directionless and crooked that it just broke us down and led us to God. Both of us became Christian a while back and have been able to help each other out, overcoming our past and becoming conquerors of our future. Both of us pretty much share the same past, and very likely will share the same future. Both of us have received a calling from God into Youth Ministry, and don’t even second guess that we’ll be working together to achieve a common goal. Aaron and I have both been raised as non-compromising, give-it-all-up, thinking-of-eternity Christians. This is something I find closest with him in, because I can safely say that there are not many other Men of God that are able to take the calling God has given them and live it without compromise.

      Back to our conversation, we talked about where society was headed. The failure to live up to a moral code for all people has become a daily thought and nothing more. It seems that people everywhere are loosing a sense of integrity and don’t give a second thought about it. We extended this even further into saying that it’s hard to believe that as Christians, we’re following the ‘Risen Lord’ when so many of our brothers and sisters don’t even differ from those who are “without God”. The carnal Christian lifestyle (a Christian who shows no difference with a person who is not of God) is becoming ever-increasingly popular and it is a saddening thing that we, the chosen ones, cannot even live up to a standard which we originally created. We as Christians have been too easy-going with our brothers and sisters that have now changed their focus of life onto living “on one side of the line”. I’m sick and tired of people trying to define what is good and bad. My brothers and sisters, if you truly care for your life as a Christian, please understand that the life we are living is not one of living on the “good” side. It is NOT about getting AS CLOSE to this “line” we have created between good and bad as we can. As a Christian you are called to live as GOOD as you can. This, my friends, means that we are asked to live as far away from a line as we can. Living a Christian life is NOT living a life that is ‘good’, it is living a life that is as good as possible. So many times we get caught up in wondering why God isn’t able to perform miracles any more. Even for myself I sometimes doubt in God’s power on this world because we’ve become a society that sees him as a counselor, nothing more than someone we turn to when we need help, when we need something and when we feel we are lacking. If God really is ruler and king of your life then he is the one you turn to ALWAYS. He is there for your praise, your worship, your love and your sorrows. Everything you have, turn to God and renew, for our lives were never ours to begin with.

      Aaron and I worry about our future, because it’s a pain to think about what we’re going to do as youth pastors when the carnal Christian lifestyle has become one that is a norm for all. This is why God is calling us now, all of us, to reverse the effects of the downfall of society and Christians. No longer can we provide a watered down religion or else we’ll keep on producing watered down Christians with watered down faith. No longer can we sit idle and just watch others stand up and fight alone. It’s time for change, time for God to reign. Now, is the time for revolution.

in a way, i agree with you about the "carnal Christian lifestyle". anyways. you and aaron. HAHA. :) im gonna link youu alright.

Amen Bro.

God bless you and your ministry.

really inspiring, i hope you see your dreams through.. i like your observation of people's reactions to the 'line' of right and wrong. i think you'll be great at preaching, keep your heart on God =)

wooOOoOooo..dinosaurs

derek MA! =)
haha now i can read your writing without having to find the time to browse the little black book =)

cool.

hope your'e not still sickkkk

Post a Comment

About me

  • Name:Derek Ma
  • Location:Waterloo, Ontario
My profile

Song Playing:

  • Title:Hourglass
  • Artist:Liquid Tension Experiment

Previous posts