excuses... - Life Spoken Inspired

« Home | make me... » | institutionalized » | Fresh Start » | abandoned and delivered » | Me? lie? never. » | feeling: broken » | Revolution ~ » | D-R-I-V-E-N » | Daron Meeto » 

Monday, January 16, 2006 

excuses...


        Kay good… no one reads this anymore so I can finally talk without censorship. Not censorship that I swear… because I don’t really tend to swear much at all… But basically, having to dim things down, or watch what I say because it’s offensive to some people... I feel I haven’t “unleashed the fury” as some would call it, for a while now. I don’t think I’m in the mood right now to write a full fledge angry at society post, but I’ll blurt out a few things just to make me feel better.

        I’m tired of excuses… how many people say that already, but really, sometimes excuses get on my nerve. Fine, a valid ‘pardon’ from something is fair, but excuses… like… c’mon. Sometimes it can get hard to part from these harsh realities, but people who turn something down because their heart was never fully into it from the start, or even just prior to the situation, your excuses are worth nothing. Fine, something that happened helped you make a decision that you were going to end up doing eventually. I hate it when people expect things to go perfectly well and when it doesn’t they jump off the car and complain about their scrapes n bruises.

        This isn’t geared towards anyone specifically… it’s a cumulation of things that have been going on, much so with my old youth group back home. Although I feel extremely distant and severed off, they’re family. Hearing so much of the pains going on back home really pains me. Seeing the brothers and sisters whom I was raised with just quitting the race, just sucks. Yeh, it hurts and I’ll admit it, but I gotta keep running my race, if anything with more incentive. I have a whole mission field here waiting, and it’s time to learn from others mistakes and do something for God today.

        I really just don’t understand sometimes, I’ve been through the same situations, maybe not exactly the same, but I’ve felt many of the pains the world can throw at me. Although I say this and it just leaves a WIDE open door for God to test my faith, then bring it. If that’s how much it’ll really take to humble me down to the level of those whom I see. I’m not trying to be cocky or anything, I just can’t stand it when others try and “walk” the race. Too many times do you people just give up when you see those who are actually running, race over the horizon. Stop seeing this whole thing as a battle or competition. I don’t claim to be doing well, because I know how great others are doing. But, enough is enough. I talked about apostles and disciples. Being an apostle doesn’t distinguish the runners and the walkers. It just separates the leaders and followers. But you gotta be in the race.

        I really just pray that God can help these people out. I’ve tried and prayed so much for them. The countless suggestions from experience and offers to help. If you’re hurting, seek help from someone. If you’re lost, stop and ask for directions. If you’re unable to walk, get someone to carry you along. No no no no no more excuses. Run the race. Run it with Perseverance. Finish strong. No giving up, no giving it. This is the cry of the persevered heart. No more letdowns.

yeah man, so true...the gift of life given by God should be enough for us to throw down all the things that trouble us and all the things we do for ourselves.

makes you wonder whether these people were living the life or not?

but also makes you wonder how far down one has to go to bring em back up...its one thing to feel bad for someone, but its another to feel bad yourself because of that someone.

never give in at the risk of losing God...Adam fell possibly cuz he loved Eve so much that he fell with her, as a result WE GOT SCREWED!

anyways, regarding this situation...i think its in Gods hands, i got some confirmation through the Spirit through the Word n if u wanna read up on it, i believe its Psalms 37:7-10 i think.

hope ur doin alright....gud job on ur house lol :\

nicely put... i need to wake up and realize who i am again. i guess maybe i just got scared at looking at the track i needed to run. you're strong derek, gone through the trials that you needed to make it that way, and its great that you are like that, a guide for others to follow or walk with. but there were some things i needed to overcome first before i could even find my way back to the track. its been hard, but i feel now ive overcome. i hope we get to talk soon, ive got stuff to say =)

Post a Comment