1 Corinthians 8:6 - Life Spoken Inspired

« Home | Faith and Prayer » | Paul » | excuses... » | make me... » | institutionalized » | Fresh Start » | abandoned and delivered » | Me? lie? never. » | feeling: broken » | Revolution ~ » 

Sunday, February 05, 2006 

1 Corinthians 8:6


        As it stands right now, I have no idea what to talk about, but I feel extremely inclined to just sit here and type something. Well I guess no one had the audacity to attempt to read my post on Paul. Haha, but that’s alright, didn’t expect many to. Well now, I think I have something to talk about. I was really stuck at a wall so I just started looking around my room. It so happens that I wrote down some verses on sticky-notes and taped them to my laptop. One of the verses I’ve really taken light to. 1 Corinthians 8:6 “Yet for us there is but one God the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things and we exist through Him.

        So yes, basically those two bolded parts that I’ve really come to love. We were created by God, and we were created for his pleasure, so lets please Him and fulfill our original purpose here. Although, that’s not it, he sent his begotten son such that we may have a chance at living a life of purpose. A life where we can actually please God if we put as much of ourselves into it as we can. Through Christ and His sacrifice are we given a chance to live by whom are all things, a chance to fulfill our purpose and a pretty much a second chance at living and we exist through Him.

        This sums up the life I’ve been chasing after these past 3 years now… almost 3 years now and I find myself here, with nothing I want more than to please my God. This verse is the accumulation of who God is, and what He wants of us. Live a life, pleasing to God. We are able, because His son gave his life. Reminds me of 1 Corinthians 6:20 For You have been bought at a price: therefore glorify God in your body. Glorify who He is, for what he’s done. You are my Lord, I’m ready to take this head on.

God is indeed great.

you know i usually always read your posts. i only comment when i have something to say. so dont think just cus theres no comments no one reads it :)

Post a Comment